Ich - Me - Moi !

Ich - Me - Moi !

samedi 1 janvier 2011

Kaikoura

My first impression arriving in Kaikoura: Beach and mountains
The town of Kaikoura consists of restaurants, hotels, hostels, shops, tour operators... So I rather keep on taking pictures of the area around it.
Loads of birds as everywhere...

... and seals ! They are quite happy to just lay in the sun and don't think about all the tourists that pass by...


Impressions around the seals' resting places...

...more impressions...


While walking around, we met a retired man who still goes on with his passion: research the birds.  He measures their limbs and keeps statistics: This species is slowly reducing its size over the years.


Another little seal, happy to be there !

The sun in slowly settling down.
 I had one of my best and also one of my worst experiences of this holiday at Kaikoura: I went swimming with the dolphins and it was a great experience. They are so curious, they come to you, swim around you and just have fun with you... I just was reminded that I get seasick every time I get on a boat. So I had some bad time hugging the bucket... Still the good memories prevail !!
Ready for the dolphin swimming...

The seagulls on the beach were feeding their youngsters...

The last day of the year. We had a little party with some people from the hostel.

Green lip mussels: yummy !!
 

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire