Ich - Me - Moi !

Ich - Me - Moi !

dimanche 5 décembre 2010

Blue mountains

Coming to the Blue mountains was a great idea. It is a lovely area and you can see a lot of nature... as the tourist intended it to be. There are a lot of look out places, where you can conveniently drive very close to the site, then get out of the car and walk only a short way and have a great view.
I was happy for my feet, they didn't want to walk too much that day, but then we had to share the places with other tourists.
Towards the end, the places Lutz and Ines took me, were almost deserted. It was only us and still a great view around. There a lot of hiking trails in the area and would have liked to have a good days hike or even two... one can always dream.
The next day, my friends had to go back to bed and I had a flight to catch to the centre of my vacation: New Zealand !


The three sisters

What was the name of this waterfall again?

There are a couple of visitor centres everywhere.
They put out trays to attract the wild birds around.

Just vegetation

.... and more veetation

... and more vegetation: I especially like the tree ferns,
they are gorgeous!!

And a little trail without any other tourists !

2 commentaires:

  1. I always think about how it must have been to come across such landscapes for the first time...like colonizing another planet...

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. I guess it must have been very difficult. I will try and see a settlers' museum in Dunedin to get a glimpse of that.

    RépondreSupprimer