Ich - Me - Moi !

Ich - Me - Moi !

mardi 21 décembre 2010

Queenstown and Glenorchy

From Te anau, I took a bus to Queenstown and then 50km further on to Glenorchy. This is supposed to be a lovely place with part of it called " Paradise". Parts of Lord of the Rings'  film has been shot here, but the landscape seemed to be on holidays too...

Glenorchy and the famous mountains in the background.... After a day and a night in the rain and no single ray of sunshine in sight, I decided to flee the place, but I mussed the bus.
Salvation appeared in the shape of 4 German angels with an already full car. somehow, me and my stuff still fit in there and they took me back to Queenstown....

...where I was actually back in the sunshine. You can still imagine the clouds and rain on the right behind the mountain above Glenorchy...
Queenstown

I didn't really plan to stay in Queenstown, bit I did it anyway for an extra day just to sit in the sun. The town is a place that you either love, or you don't like it too much. I am of the latter opinion and was happy to get from this too touristy place. Another bus brought me to the West coast to the Franz Joseph Glacier...

West Coast

I got a new hair cut. Do you like it??

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire