Ich - Me - Moi !

Ich - Me - Moi !

dimanche 12 décembre 2010

Invercargill

I was in Invercargill before and after Stewart Island. I hosted with some couchsurfers (people that take up travellers for one or a few days in exchange for stories about my home and travels and who might later on also stay at other peoples places (www.couchsurfing.com). I had found a really nice couple. Angela and Gavin made me very welcome and in total I stayed for 3 days.
As I met a Swiss, Tobias, who was giving me a ride with his old but working car through the Catlins during the next days, he also got invited by them.
Sometimes there are interesting plans coming out of discussions, so all of a sudden there was the suggestion to go hunting on Sunday. The area is full of game and considered a nuisance (introduced in NZ by humans and takes away habitat of local animals). So you can shoot them any time, no need to think about them having young ones... But apart from two deers on the road, there was nothing to aim at.  So we had a nice walk in the forest instead with lots of listening.

Our luggage being lifted up from the ferry

Make sure not to bring any seeds or rats in your luggage while moving from an island to another. Humans already introduced too many plants and animals that imbalanced nature.

Rose garden in Queens Park in Invercargill. I can't believe so many wonderful roses two weeks before Christmas....
...just a road...
Gavin, Angela, me, Tobias
Hunting with Gavin and Tobias



 
Christmas lights competitions going on similar to what I saw around Sydney... don't think about the electricity bill...


...more lights... check it out: www.christmaslights.co.nz

Tobias and his good old car

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire